Strictly for my friends

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ghosts


Today, when I came to work, there was an uproar in office. Everyone seemed to be busily copying a certain number in their phones from one another. I was curious.

Upon asking, I was informed it was a "bhoot-er number" (number of a ghost) and if I knew any better, I would take it down too! Now why, you would ask. Well, apparently, it was the number of a young girl who was killed. Her "ghost" calls random people (especially women, don't ask me why!!!) after midnight and foretells the future. "She" can even tell one accurately what happened in the past!

No mean ghost! And a knowledgeble one, at that! But wait! It does not end there! The next day, the women fall ill and subsequently, many of them die!!!! Wow! Now, that's what I call a story!

Everyone was like, "Copy it, yaar! Who knows you might be the next one!" with scared glints in their eyes. One colleague even dragged me to her desk and showed me a powerpoint presentation she had on ghost pics! I had a good laugh, I can assure you!

What's with the silly superstitions? Okay, so there might be spirits! Even ghosts! But who the hell heard of tech savvy ghosts making calls and killing people after that!? End result: Pandemonium!

I just didn't know what to say! Do I call it silly? Do I call it superstitious? Or do I call it plain and simple mob mentality? One saves it...scared...and the rest follow suit!

Hey...leave me out of this....please!!!!!! :)

19 Comments:

  • OMG!
    :)
    Am reminded of the film The Ring, where u get to watch a video, but end up being bumped off a couple of days later, hehehe...
    :)
    Hey... do keep us posted, on this one. Seems like u have got a hardcore fan of The Ring in ur office!
    ;) :))

    By Blogger Movie Mazaa, at 1:50 pm  

  • haahha!
    This sounds more like a ramsay hindi horror serial!

    By Blogger Ekta, at 1:55 pm  

  • It is the work of some The Ring fan, i can assure you. An imitation of the old story...
    did they really copy the number? its really funny....
    even i had posted one on a ghost in my blog, but at least it wasn't scary....
    I guess,someone started the joke and now s/he is having the utmost fun seeing others scared...
    good one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:28 pm  

  • lol..

    I just didn't know what to say! Do I call it silly? Do I call it superstitious? Or do I call it plain and simple mob mentality? One saves it...scared...and the rest follow suit!

    Hey...leave me out of this....please!!!!!! :)

    You are right about all that you said. :)
    Sounds like a bad horror movie flick..and don't people like have better things to do than this? :)

    By Blogger karmic, at 8:31 pm  

  • ha!now's that wat I call so weird and spooky.i mean someone probably started it up so as to cause some kinda distraction at work and yet we sometimes wonder ...what if!

    By Blogger Scoot, at 1:55 am  

  • but yeah 'leave me outta this please' is the right way to go ;)

    By Blogger Scoot, at 1:56 am  

  • These types of incidents have been reported and spread eagerly by people worldwide! I once received a forward that betokens a ghost phone call incident in some other language news paper! People would manoeuvre stories around it. They will make the bud bloom! Anyway, you got something to write on your blog! That is the best part of it... :-)

    By Blogger Sreejith Panickar, at 3:01 pm  

  • silly or superstitious....whatever it be....u did a good thing! :)

    By Blogger Has to be me, at 6:52 pm  

  • give the ghost a call and frighten him ;-)

    By Blogger Jeseem, at 10:08 pm  

  • It's funny.

    But if you look at it from the point of view of how fear of the unknown has been the foundation of many of our traditions and customs, it's very interesting. This is how many customs were formed. Who knows, in the future, entering the number of the ghost on teh cell phone becomes a part of initial pooja that is done after buying a new cell phone :) Let's hope not

    By Blogger Twisted DNA, at 1:19 am  

  • i am interested to marry and live with that ghost gal. would please give my contacts please.

    By Blogger Known Stranger, at 8:22 am  

  • If ghosts do not exist, then man would have to invent them. Makes our days interesting with something unpredictable, dont u think?

    By Blogger milieu, at 1:46 am  

  • Out !!!
    Me too !!!

    By Blogger jac, at 2:18 am  

  • He he he ....when we can change with changing times,why cant the ghosts:):):)they dont want to be left behind!

    By Blogger Sumitha, at 4:24 pm  

  • "bhoot-er number"
    LOL

    yeah better u pass it...
    u know according to RING... it never stops....

    By Blogger Dh@v@!, at 7:49 pm  

  • I cannot believe people actually fall for stuff like this.Its ok to tall ghost stories when you are little but as adults.I dont know.I am glad u passed on this one.

    By Blogger starry, at 3:55 am  

  • trust me girl I have seen a real ghost...till then I didnt believe in ghosts.

    Keshi.

    By Blogger Keshi, at 12:11 pm  

  • Maybe they should have gone to Snopes.com for this.

    By Blogger David, at 12:31 am  

  • Sounds very creepy to me. I don't believe in ghosts of people, but I do believe in evil spirits...

    By Blogger Trailady, at 12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home