Strictly for my friends

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sweet Sunday


I don't think I have ever valued a Sunday as much as I did this time. Till a month back, every day was a Sunday. There was no significance of a Sunday to me. It was all the same. But not anymore.

Work changed all that. Now Sunday is so so special. Thank God, He decided to rest for a day. Imagine if He was a workaholic! A lot of my friends are. They go to work even over the weekends!

Not me. Work is fine. Work is great. But I need my breaks. My Sunday involves waking up late, having a later breakfast of bacon and scrambled eggs, lazing around, maybe watching a movie, an even later lunch cooked to perfection by my Mom. Mmmmm!

Afternoon nap very very important, then maybe go out in the evening with family and friends...maybe not. Depends on the mood. But one thing you will never catch me doing on a Sunday is work!

Sunday, sweet Sunday,
Where art thou gone?
Come back to my fold,
Visit me everyday.
I'll never take you
For granted.And
I will never let you go.

That's my pathetic attempt at poetry. Don't laugh too loud! :))

8 Comments:

  • Well if you are trying your hands at poetry,welcome to our gang of wannabe poets.
    But as you wrote about the sunny side of our lives ---the sunday(i called it "the" intentionally), any sort of poetry wud have expressed it the same way as you have done. you articulated just what we all feel-----bogged down with work, work and work

    By Blogger Amrita, at 6:31 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Strictly for my friends, at 10:03 am  

  • You eat bacon? If some fantical Hindus find out you'll be toast(Hey, I like toast!).

    Sweet Sunday
    It's the no-bun-day
    India, we want Saturday
    to be the real holiday

    /jmcmis

    By Blogger Layfield, at 10:15 pm  

  • @ notgod,

    Life is like a poached egg. Sometimes the sunny side up is perfect and sometimes its messed up. I look fwd to the perfect ones. Those are the Sundays.

    @jetru,

    I don't think Hindus have anything against bacon.
    Muslims do.
    Hindus have something against beef.
    And I eat that too. ;))

    By Blogger Strictly for my friends, at 11:31 am  

  • Whoops. Thought bacon was cow-meat. Anyway, you eat that stuff? Euch. You need to check out Veganism.

    /yrehh

    By Blogger Layfield, at 1:33 am  

  • @jetru,

    If you're veggie, that's grt! But believe me, you're missing out on some of the best tastes of life!!
    ;))

    By Blogger Strictly for my friends, at 2:27 pm  

  • I'm not a veg. I do eat non-veg, but avoid it as much as possible. You could always try soy-meat.

    /zcslhl

    By Blogger Layfield, at 3:29 pm  

  • I really wish sunday had 48 hours!wudn't it be lovely?just imagine!
    48 hours!wudn't that be bliss?
    but remember only sunday, not the other days, that wud be TERRIBLE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home