Strictly for my friends

Friday, May 26, 2006

Lonely


I found this picture and the writing in a forward and it struck me hard. It just rung so true. There are so many of us who face this in our lives...a loved one who may have turned his face away. Not always romantic love....a friend, a relative, anyone. Someone who we have desperately wanted...someone we desperately wanted to be happy...someone we wanted to but could not express ourselves to...someone who turned his or her face away when we needed them the most. A bridge burnt when we felt ourselves to be an island.

6 Comments:

  • Wow, that's really nice. I wouldn't walk away if you said you love your life more than me though.

    /husxlnvb

    By Blogger Layfield, at 10:27 pm  

  • I like the picture and the saying. Very nice! This is very true. These are deep thoughts you have expressed here- thanks for sharing.

    My heart is big and the hardest thing for me is letting go when someone no longer desires relationship with me.

    By Blogger Trailady, at 11:32 pm  

  • @ jetru,

    You're a good guy to say that, but sadly the truth is that many people would.

    @ trailady,

    Letting go iven when you still care is one of the hardest things life has taught me.

    By Blogger Strictly for my friends, at 9:58 am  

  • Well the last line literally lifted me off my feet. good saying.
    Ya we are often stranded on islands to bear the weight of our own loneliness, specially when our heart wails for the one who deserted us

    By Blogger Amrita, at 6:34 pm  

  • Words don't come to me when am deeply touched...
    And after reading your post I really don't know what to say...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:43 pm  

  • Hey this is a lovely post of yours... yes, there are times when dear ones walk out of our life, and there are times when misunderstandings can't be helped ...

    By Blogger Rai, at 2:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home