Strictly for my friends

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cleopatra


I have always had a fascination for Egypt. Since I was little, I remember studying about Egypt in History classes. Pyramids, mummies, exotic gold artifacts, hieroglyphics, papyrus and of course, Cleopatra. So you cant blame me for wanting to see the film Cleopatra which is an enactment of the phase in history that appeals to me the most. Besides I think Liz Taylor is just gorgeous!

So what do I do next? Since it is not readily available on cd or dvd, and I have no clue when they last gave it on TV, I jumped at the chance of getting it off a friend as an exchange scheme. Gone With The Wind for Cleopatra.

It's a nice relaxed Sunday and I settle down comfortably with my Pepsi and snacks to watch the movie. It starts off briliantly. Fabulous sets, excellent costumes, Rex Harrison at his manly best, exquisitely beautiful Taylor and a gripping narrative that had ambition, romance, action, sceming politics, everything.

And then the movie continues. And continues. And continues. My Pepsi has long entered and exited from my system, but the movie continues. Its dinner time and I eat in front of the computer and it still goes on and on.
End. Not of the movie. But of the day. And my patience. I have watched the movie for a good four hours(approx) and still the intrigues continue with no signs of letting up.

I can't believe I actually gave up watching the movie I was so eager to get my hand on!! I'm still wondering what happens in the end. Does she die or is she killed or what? And what happens to Mark Anthony? Guess I won't know till I get back to the film and I have no intentions of doing that. :-)

3 Comments:

  • Oh! my god! u really gave it up?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:54 pm  

  • hahaha ..i still dont understand cleopatra type old movie dekhne ka kya enthu ..but we are free to make choices.:)

    By Blogger Ankit, at 8:15 pm  

  • For some reason I confused Taylor for Liv Tyler. The movie is 320 mins. Eesh.

    Discovery Channel Documentaries are more interesting. Try 'em out.

    /vcmxiz

    By Blogger Layfield, at 10:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home