Strictly for my friends

Friday, May 05, 2006

Work is supposed to be the antidote to leisure. Or so I thought. But imagine being in an environment where you have been employed, are getting payed and yet have absolutely nothing to do! This is what I discovered the case to be when I joined my present job. No work and still getting paid!! My friends were overjoyed for me! Wow..thats so cool! But is it? Is sitting in front of the computer for ten hours a day with nothing to do really so cool? I feel my leisure would have been far more stimulating had I got my hands on some work. Isnt that the whole reason why anyone joins work in the first place? I still remember the thrills of sneaking away from my previous workplace for a quick shopping spree in New Market, or getting a short nap in my cabin with my pen in my hand and my hand in my head. Too much leisure makes me bored. It makes me tired. It makes me sick! I wonder who wouldnt agree!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home